How to Accidentally Start (then Scale) a Business
Today’s guest on Hack the Entrepreneur is the President of the Statements Brand, which includes Statements the Salon, Statements the Academy, Statements Photography, and The Statements Project.
She has been in the beauty industry 24 years and an “accidental” entrepreneur for 17 years after accidentally opening a salon at the age of 18.
She still works behind the chair with her team of 50 stylists, as well as educating, managing, and transitioning new talent into the cosmetology industry.
Her salon has been named Best Salon in Prince William County and Northern Virginia for more than five years running and is due to break $3 million in revenue this year.
Now, let’s hack …
In this 39-minute episode of Hack the Entrepreneur, host Jon Nastor and Nik Trowbridge discuss:
- Why fearlessness and preparation are two separate and complementary things
- Trying to be good at self-reflection
- Creating a chain of command in your business
- Why micro-management is the ability to see details
- Why failure teaches you how to do things differently